Thursday 24 January 2019

Finally! A story...

Over the last week, I've written a story. First one for about six months.

HOORAY!!!!

It felt, by turns:

1. Frustrating; I'm so out of practise at stringing words together on paper, everything felt rubbish.

2. Exciting; I'd had an idea, I did some research, and it came together with a fairytale yet tragic kind of feel to it.

3. Satisfying; I stuck with it, even when it wasn't working, and finally, had something to show for all the effort that holds together pretty well as a story.

I can't tell you too much more about the story itself, because it's in a competition over on the Den, where interested parties have to choose some objects, and the theme to fit them into is revealed at a later date. It's the Denizens' job to work it all together and weave magic, then we peer judge each other's stories to crown a winner.

Suffice to say I'm not convinced it's my best work, but it got me motivated again, and from next week I'm going to be planning some writing time into my routine and dusting off Tilda's story.

And just because it's my blog and I can say it again if I want to - I wrote a story! Hooray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment