Wednesday 4 February 2015

Hooray for Libraries!

National Libraries Day is being held this Saturday, 7th February.

Why not pop down to your local library and see what's on? There are special events being planned on the day and throughout the week after, and I'm pleased to say I'll be doing a storytelling session at Loughborough Library, 2-3pm on Saturday. And it's FREE!

There will be crafts too, related to some of the books I'll read - so far, I've got Here Come the Aliens, The Cat in the Hat, Mog the Forgetful Cat and a few others that you might not be so familiar with. There will be wiggly worms and alien faces to create, bookmarks to colour...

(I'm also taking Granny Rainbow with me - though it depends on the age of the attendees whether I get to read her or not.)

If you can't come and see me on Saturday 'cos you're too far away from Loughborough, what else can you do instead?

How about you dig out your library card and visit your library - see if you can't find something to get your reading muscles stretched! And heck, if you don't have a library card, go get one!

Attend one of the special events listed on the website in YOUR area - or check out your local library for details if they haven't made it onto the website yet.

If you're a Twitterer, use #NLD15 to join the thunderclap in support of National Libraries Day.

With funding cuts and library closures, we need to do our bit to keep these valuable community resources running - you could even drop in and enquire about volunteering at your library...like me.

Whatever you do, have fun and celebrate all things library and librariany. I'm going to!

No comments:

Post a Comment