Thursday 3 September 2015

#FOW15

Tomorrow, I'm off to York; Festival of Writing 2015, here I come!

There's always good news after a festival when folk have MS requests or win competitions - but this time there's good news even BEFORE I get there; two cloudie friends have been shortlisted for the Friday Night Live Event, and another has received an email from an agent who is very excited about what my friend submitted for her 1-2-1 session.

I've had the privilege of reading work by all three friends; I shall be rooting for them all and hoping that this festival they'll all get their big break, because every single one of them deserves it.

So what's Squidge hoping to get out of the weekend? Lots of laughter, lots of fun, lots of food... and some idea of whether King Stone is working from the feedback of two rather wonderful book doctors. I want to take away lots of fresh approaches to my writing. I want to see a certain agent and tell her that the question she asked in my 1-2-1 last year - did I believe in StarMark enough to rework it - spurred me on to do exactly that and I ended up with a contract for my first children's novel. I want to hear how the killer leprecaun author's doing a year on, and talk Terry Pratchett with someone who's never read him... And I want to meet a very special pooch and his very special owners.

I will try to blog over the course of the festival, but the posts'll be short and sweet - there's always so much else to do!

Whatever you're up to, have a great weekend - I'll see you when I get back.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment