Saturday 30 August 2014

And the winner is...

A while back, I held a competition to find a blue or yellow story for a second book of Granny Rainbow stories because I was stuck. I said I'd post the winner on the first of September - but I'm posting a teensy bit early because I can't wait any longer!

There were some fabulous entries - I think I could have written a third book, just using the ideas that were sent in! The great thing about all of them though, was the fact that the children 'got' Granny Rainbow and how she worked; her new problems were always fun and sometimes a bit wacky too. I asked Laura to help me choose a winner, because she'll be drawing the character(s) from the story. Fortunately there were no arguments; can you believe, we both picked the same entry?

Although everyone who entered is a winner in my eyes, there is unfortunately only one prize; the winning story idea will be published as a complete story in the new book and the winner will receive not only a signed copy of the book when it's published, but also a unique, full colour picture of the new character they've created. They'll even get a mention in the acknowledgements for their winning idea...

So, the winner is...drum roll, please...

Well, actually, there are three of them! 

Congratulations to Christopher, Cameron and Catherine Cocks, who worked together on their blue story idea while on a sailing holiday! 

It all starts when Old Tom's bees are unwell and their honey doesn't taste like it should - which leaves Tom in a bit of a pickle because the Mayoress is coming for tea and wants toasted crumpets and honey! Can Granny Rainbow help get Tom's bees fit again in time - and will the honey taste right?


Sounds fab, doesn't it? The outline is already planned and I can't wait to see what the Mayoress will look like. Bet she'll have a HUGE chain!

The prize can't be sent immediately as I'm still working on a couple of stories - but it will be sent out as soon as it's ready. Well done, Christopher, Cameron and Catherine!

4 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea. Congratulations to Christopher, Cameron and Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers! The kids are delighted! Thank you so much!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! And Laura's just as excited to be drawing a lady Mayoress - with a big hat and MASSIVE chain!

      Delete
  3. Big Congratulations to the 3 Cs! Sounds like a buzzingly good story!

    ReplyDelete