Friday 13 September 2013

York - here I come!

By the time you read this, I'll be winging my way to York University for the Festival of Writing.

I'll report back after the weekend in LOTS of detail...but to get your appetite whetted for future blog posts, I'm attending:

 - a mini course on 'the Four Elements of Writing', a longer version of a workshop I enjoyed at last year's Festival.
 - workshops on character, self-publishing, using Pixar films to aid plotting, honing a pitch and what makes a strong story.

I'll also be having a couple of 1-2-1's (one with a book doctor, one with an agent) to get feedback on the first 3000 words of Rurik.

On top of all that, there's the Friday Night Live to vote on and the winner of the Opening Chapter Competition to listen to (like many others, I didn't make the shortlist for either), and lots of friendships to make and renew. I am really looking forward to it!

In the meantime, make sure you pop back here tomorrow, because I'm posting a short story for your enjoyment while I'm away.

See you next week!

Katherine.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Katherine

    Good luck in York. I am certain that your chosen folk will love Rurik! Will pop back tomoz to check things out. However, speaking as someone who was blown away by your 'Thread' story on Alan's Job thingy group, I am convinced that you should expand that into something bigger. It is a masterwork!
    Big hug.
    Stephen Mark x

    ReplyDelete