Tuesday 16 July 2013

Exciting things happening...

Exciting things are like No 27 buses - you wait ages for them, then they all come at once!

Exciting thing 1: Not only has Vanessa updated Love is in the Air, she's also updated a collection of ghostly goings-on, called Out of Darkness. This second edition includes a ghost story of mine, Red Shoes. In total, four new stories have been added and proceeds again go to charity - Cancer Research this time.




Exciting thing 2 : Today I met up with local publisher, Ian, who is writing about 'The Loughborough Job', an event which heralded the end of Luddism in this country. I'm helping him to edit the manuscript, and it's fascinating to learn about my home town of 200 years ago. He's writing the grown-up version - but it's the children's version of the same event that I'm hoping to write. Talking with him today fired up all sorts of possible storylines, and really got the juices flowing! But that has all got to wait because...

Exciting thing 3 : the 'Stories for Homes' project, masterminded by author/editors Sally Swingewood and Debi Alper, is at the proofreading stage...and as I've offered my services in that department, I could be getting a sneak preview of all the wonderful stories offered by well-known and 'emerging' writers to support Shelter. Can't wait!



1 comment: